Update to TRANSCONNECT® 2.2.3 was released in March 2015. Here is an overview of the key new functions.
MAPPING PROJECT STRUCTURES
If many TRANSCONNECT® objects have been created in the repository when implementing projects or scenarios, it may be useful to group them into projects.
Unlike work sets, this grouping is a server-side configuration that is also stored in the repository.
When new objects are created, the project assignment can be specified in the respective wizard. The assignment can be changed later via the context menu item Project assignment of the respective object.
In the Server Browser view, you can display project names as text decoration for objects.
Complete projects can be exported alongside the repository.
CHANGE TRACKING IN THE REPOSITORY
The repository view shows all change transactions to objects of the TRANSCONNECT® repository.
If a server is selected when opening the repository view, all change transactions are displayed. If another object is selected, only the change transactions that contain the object or one of its sub-objects are displayed.
If a transaction is selected in the repository view, all objects that have been changed by this transaction are displayed in a list:
- Added objects,
- Changed objects, and
- Deleted objects.
The historical object data of these objects can be displayed by double-clicking or via the context menu.
Comments for individual transactions can be entered directly in the table.
The context menu can be used to restore all settings of the repository.
If exactly two transactions are selected, the context menu item Compare… will open a window showing all changes made to the repository within the selected range.
CUSTOM AUTHORIZATION CONTROL VIA USER PROFILES
The authorizations that are set in the user editor for the Repository authorization object apply globally to all objects of the repositories.
Profiles are one way to control access permissions at the object level. A profile consists of users and groups who are granted specific rights in the repository.
You can use the context menu item Permissions … to assign profiles to the objects of the repository. A user must then have the relevant global authorisation to access the object, and in at least one of the assigned profiles.
OTHER NEW FEATURES AT A GLANCE:
- HTTP adapter
- Content type can now be set flexibly
- New methods PUT and DELETE
- File adapter
- Support for password-protected and encrypted ZIP compression
- In XSLT and STX resources, other mappings can be integrated via include/import. In XSLT, the document() function can access XML resources
- Support for JSON
- New component for persistence of status data, which is needed e.g. in time-controlled tasks or mappings
- New readings for servers: space requirements for logs, absolute and in percentage, and data store in percentage
- New resource type – “text file”
- Search in the server repository for adapters, tasks, queues, resources, etc. via full-text search
- Search in all server logs by category and/or full text
- Update to JDK 1.7.0 Update 71
Support for this TRANSCONNECT® version will be discontinued at the end of 2018.